I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

sensible dog coats!

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Sarette 
#1 ·
Hi there! Can anyone help point me in the direction of a sensible but nice looking dog coat? Maggie has one for the rain and a equafleece, the only problem is that her current rain coat is padded and I feel that although the weather is miserable I would like one that is a little lighter weight, its not cold.
Everywhere I look the coats are rediculous, with hoods and stuff, they just dont look practical at all. The practical ones are all a bit ugly.
Im sure someone here will be able to point me in the right direction!
Thanks in advance!
Emma x

#2 ·
Hi Emma, have a look on muddypaws.co.uk
I got Oscar the peak superquilt coat last winter which is a little bit padded but I have been putting it on him when its been really wet over the last couple of weeks. It was £13.99 so quite a good price. There may be some other more lightweight coats on there.

#6 ·
depends on how sensible you need, i just bought mine a long legged coat from ebay as i am fed up of him being soaked to the bone everyday. they had three colours to choose from red, black and green, i picked green as he is cream/apricot colour. it arrived yesterday and i was suprised to see made in the uk! on the lable. i know he may look ridiculous but its a small price to pay for not have a wet dog most of the year, plus it will keep him clean when on muddy walks, cream dog and mud do not make a good combination, it seems to stain the fur and takes ages to fade

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.