I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

Hairstyles

12K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  embee 
#1 ·
My husband has gone and booked a groomer to come and give Treacle the "works"
I am now speaking to him again [just] but I love the long look and do not want her to have too much cut off. Her hair is silky soft with no matts - she looks shaggy and needs to be able to see again!
Is there a good website with hairstyles for dogs [my husband is killing himself laughing at me as I type this!]
I want to show the groomer my ideal look for her rather than try to explain it!
:D

#6 ·
As a groomer I can say a pic tells a thousand words.
I groom a fair few cockapoos.
There are comb/guard attachments like we " grade 3 etc" for our hair.
The longest attachment is an eight.
I'd go for an eight all over, six on the head and ears. All the sanitary areas and arm pits as short as u can go.

This will give u a consistent cut for your dog to have, hair always grows back!

A pic will give u the face you want, I will try an upload some line drawings of face/ beard options from one of the popular grooming guides.

Hope this helps.
A

#8 ·
Hi,
I'm a hairdresser and have used clippers for many years, this is probably a silly question but I presume the grade attachments are different lengths to hairdressing clipper grades, and where do you get them from. The grooming clipper sets I've seen only seem to come with 4 grades. The websites I've looked on don't seem to show the 5-8 grades. I'm going to have a go at home grooming in-between having her done professionally to keep costs down (Although, I take a dim view of my clients having a go at doing their own hair!!!)
Pip X

#13 ·
Mandy - Flo looks fabulous, you've done a brilliant job. I've been trying to keep Phoebe's coat groomed since it grew after her last scalping, hopefully by the time Izzy's adult coat is in I'll have got the hang of it! Are your clippers dog ones? I have human ones I'm using just now, grades are only from 1 -4

#23 ·
#14 ·
If she has no matts i would just ask for her to be combed etc and washed and maybe just get her face area trimmed,i think On the JD grooming video Julia cut Buzzs face nice she had his ears cut shorter rather then left longer and this gives the teddy bear look.Also id have the underneath clippered as you dont really see this area and this is the part that gets matted .

#16 ·
Kendal
Here are some line drawing examples.
It's from a book called notes from the grooming table, great crimbo gift!

Attachments

#21 ·
I like ours short too. Makes it easy to keep fluffy and clean. To save money, I cut both of them with scissors. I started doing a little a week on Dino, the puppy when we first got him at 10 weeks. He tends to have bad hair days fairly quickly so gets his face area cut almost ever two weeks.
My daughter in law works at groomer so she does the detailing. She uses a small battery operated clippers for paws pads, privates and face.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.